Peanuts are one of those snacks that disappear fast in our house. They make an easy snack on their own, or a wonderful addition to trail mix. But instead of spending a fortune on roasted nuts, or purchasing nuts roasted in ingredients you prefer to avoid, why not just make them yourself? It takes less than 30 minutes of your time and it’s easier than you’d think. Ready to give it a go?
Meet me in the kitchen with the following:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread the peanuts onto your cookie sheet in a single layer. While it’s not important to have a ton of space between the nuts, you do want to ensure you make just one single layer.
3. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
4. Bake in the oven for approximately 15-20 minutes, stirring/turning the nuts every 4-5 minutes.
5. Allow nuts to cool and then enjoy!
Yes, it really is that simple. And the best part? You get to control the ingredients! No questionable preservatives, fillers or unhealthy salts. No worries of cross-contamination (for those of you with allergies to things like gluten, dairy, soy or other common ingredients in food). And you get to save money too – something I love!
Where do you order your raw nuts from?
Like many of the items I order, I find raw nuts, for a great price, through Amazon. Royal Oak Gourmet Virginia Raw Out Of The Shell Peanuts are my favorite (so far!) and I order them in bulk. If you order 10 pounds or more, you can get them for about 15 cents an ounce, and that includes shipping!
Want to make your own nut butter too? It’s easier than you think! Just follow this tutorial on making your own nut butter.