Being gluten free can cause lots of problems when it comes to some of our favorite comfort foods, namely anything bread related. But with a little experimenting, I have been able to come up with a few recipes to replace all the different breads we used to enjoy. And what’s the latest and greatest recipe we’ve whipped up, you ask?
Easy Peasy Gluten Free Stove Top Flat Bread!
That’s right, it really is EASY, and once you read just how simple it is to make, you’ll be wondering why I even had to write a recipe post!
Things you’ll need to grab:
- Olive oil (or your favorite oil to fry in)
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
- 4 cups buckwheat Flour
- 2 cups almond Flour
- Put a small pot of water on to boil. You’ll need a few cups, though there are no precise measurements for the water.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add a couple tablespoons of olive oil (or your favorite frying oil – lard works great too!) to your pan and allow it to heat up.
- Once water has just come to a boil, remove from heat and pour slowly into your flour. You’ll want to add the water slowly, mixing with a fork or other suitable utensil as your pour. I generally end up using between 3-4 cups of water overall. When the ingredients have come together to make a really doughy consistency, you’re done adding water.
- Coat your hands with flour and roll the dough into palm sized balls. Then, squish together to form a flat disc.
- Add to your pan (I prefer cast iron) and cook, ensuring you brown on both sides to cook throughout. Once you’ve finished, you simply enjoy your flat bread! They are a simple snack alone, or you can use them to make mini pizzas, sandwiches, or even add some yummy spread on top (like our Faux Peanut Butter Spread!).
Did you try this recipe? Do you have a great tip for us? I’d love to hear from you in the comments!